When I'll be speaking –
Recent presentations & classes
Need a speaker or presenter? Contact me at 314-240-5034 or Ruth@writerruth.com!
I've presented several programs in recent months, including chairing and speaking on a panel about pitching to editors at the first-ever literary conference of Writers and Books (WAB) in Rochester, NY, and holding several classes for Writers and Books; speaking on a freelancing panel at the annual conference of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) in Baltimore; and presenting a session about launching a communications consulting business at the Heritage Region conference of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) in Richmond, VA. (If you need information about these topics, let me know — I can usually arrange special offerings.) I also did several webinars for the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA) recently, including sessions on “Marketing Online and Off,” “Basics of Editing & Proofreading,” and “Freelancing 101: Launching Your Editorial Business.
Watch this space for new online and in-person presentations in upcoming months.
Why attend presentations by Ruth?
I’ve received lots of gratifying compliments about my lively, upbeat presentation style and detailed handouts. Here are a few.
• “I have so far attended three of your courses, the final being ‘The Basics of Editing’ course, and first wanted to thank you for all your insights and generosity in teaching.”
• “I attended Ruth Thaler-Carter’s Freelancing 101 webinar recently ... Great course, by the way, lots of good information.”
• “You did a great job. Lots of additional information tonight and some great tips!”
• “You were superb as always.”
• “I knew it was going to be helpful, exciting, and resourceful. This class didn’t disappoint. I enjoyed it and learned so much. I want to take more classes with Ruth.”
For more testimonials to my speaking/teaching activities, go to: http://www.writerruth.com/testimonials